Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day Two: Your Average Definitions

Today's reading included the terms that you always see when discussion art, such as value or texture.

But it makes you wonder,
     do artists really think about all these 
              technical terms before they go about 
                       creating something?


I don't think so.

3 comments:

  1. really? you don't think an artist considers the medium? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, what does "value" mean? tell me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they consider the medium before they start, but not so much all the technical things that viewers discuss when they start to look for meaning in the artist's piece.

    If you meant "value," as in the artistic term, then it's defined as the relative lightness or darkness of a surface. Which, technically could be considered by the artist beforehand, but I really don't think that they put much thought into their choice to use things such as texture in regards to hatching or cross-hatching.

    ReplyDelete