What is it with chairs?
It seems to me that there are a lot of artists that make furniture and title it and call it art, which is odd for me specifically because it is furniture. Furniture is functional, I don't really consider it art. Stewart discusses the expectations that people have for certain chairs and others don't, which is important because you don't expect all chairs to have the same qualities (114).
It's just ridiculous because you expect certain things from furniture, and if you see an outside chair or lawn chair then you aren't really expecting it to be as comfortable as an armchair.
And you certainly wouldn't expect a chair that is an art piece to be very comfortable either.
Hi. Interesting discussion here re: art vs. design. function vs. form. Concept vs. ? See Joseph Kosuth. Click HERE!
ReplyDeleteSince we're supposed to assume everything is intentional, I'm guessing that you meant for your comment to look like clickbait?
Deletehahahah. but did you click it? :)
ReplyDeleteI did, I always fall for the click bait.
ReplyDelete