Friday, October 2, 2015

Classical Calligraphy Versus Modern Day Design

I saw a video yesterday while I was randomly scrolling through Favebook that was about a man who is currently the youngest Master Penman in the world. He's THREE WHOLE DECADES younger than the others that also hold the title of Master Penman.



Anyway, while we working in Illustrator today it reminded me of the video I saw, so at Peter's suggestion I thought I would post it here.



It's really incredible to me that even writing can be a form of art because you don't think about it as much more than a means of communication; however, it does illustrate the point that art isn't so much about talent as it is about practice and dedication.



And like Professor Griffin told me when he asked if anyone could draw in our introductory math class last semester, "That's not talent. Anyone can draw, it just takes talent" (although I definitely was insulted because he did ask if anyone could draw).



But anyway, enjoy the video! It's pretty cool.


















No comments:

Post a Comment